Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pick A Stamp, Any Stamp!

Hi friends!  Hope you had a fun weekend.  I'll tell ya, they go way to fast!  I love my weekends and am counting the days to summer break.  I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom and not have to be at a nine to five job, because I love being home with my kids.  I should say I just love being home.  I truly am a homebody.  Always have and always will. We aren't ones to be out and about doing lots of things away from the home. When the summer weather kicks in, I'd be wanting to play hookie if I worked outside the house.  Notice I said work outside the house, you know the pharse, "Man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done."  And with a bunch of kids that is the truth!

Ok, nuff of that, on to fun stuff!  This challenge for Craft Hoarders Anonymous is a fun one!  Please go check them out, as papercrafters we hoard stuff up the wazoo, so this is a great way to use your hoard.  The challenge was use those stamps.  Now, I really don't stamp so much, but boy you wouldn't know it from my darn stash!  I got me tons of stamps!  All kinds my friends, from everywhere, Stampin' Up!, Rubbernecker Stamps, Recollections, the dollar bin at Michael's, my lss, gosh I don't even know where some came from I've had em so long!

What I did here on this card is a first for me.  I stamped onto patterned paper, Graphic 45's Secret Garden line, and then on white cardstock.  I cut the dress and hat out, colored the gal, her hair, the shawl and her shoes and bracelet, then I glued the dress and hat onto the image. Some stickles around the dress and hat of course.  I also stamped some teeny tiny butterflies, cut them out and glued them then hit them with some stickles.  On the bottom I used a border stamp from a set that I've had since the stoneage :D flat back pearls and voila!  I like it :)  I used my G45 scraps, made a pretty Easter card and tried something for the first time.  Not too bad. What do you think -























As you can see I popped her up with some foam squares.  I distressed the edge of the matting paper and did some distress ink around the edge. The quote is a pretty one," Easter spells beauty, the rare beauty of new life."  Inside I wrote, "May the beauty of Easter's promise be with you always."

Product List

Graphic 45 Secret Garden
White cardstock
Rubbernecker Stamp, Lady
Butterfly Stamp
Border Stamp
Blue Stickles
Flat Back Pearls, baby blue, medium and small
Water Color Pencils, flesh, pink, baby blue, brown

My forte isn't card-making.  My passion lies in altering and layouts, but I do like to make them for special occasions and give them to my family.  Plus learning and trying new things is awesome, and this was fun.  I hope you like it.

Have a great week friends, till next time!

29 comments:

  1. Great job with the paper piecing!! The DP you used for the dress is just fab and then you topped it off with a bit of blingy shimmer! Thanks for stamping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you paper pieced the dress! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda :) A first for me and it was fun :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Love how she looks like she is about to step off the card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card and I love what you did with her. Cool way to do paper piecing. Love the G45 papers. You really went all out with your projects. Love them Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val, it was fu to do it. I don't color too often so this was a nice change :)

      Delete
  6. Such a fun and creative card! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hope you can come back to play along soon. Hugs Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny! It's one of my favorite challenge blogs :)

      Delete
  7. It's not for everyone, but I think being a SAHM is a pretty sweet gig. The pay sucks, but the job security is second to none; even playing hooky every now and again hasn't gotten me fired! ;)
    This is a wonderful card, Paula! I was eyeing up this challenge. I've got a lot of poor, neglected stamps in need of some love....and ink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Court! I k ow gals who think I'm nuts loving being home. Just like being a career woman isn't for all the same goes for SAHM'S, but boy it IS a sweet gig :) Go for it Court, it is such a great challenge blog. I've been digging in the stash and loving it :)

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention how much I love your choices in patterned papers....and how I kinda want that dress.....

      Delete
    3. TIME OUT!! I was thinkin the same thing, lol! It's a nice dress, I so would wear it :D

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the elegant lady and your paper piecing for her dress. Thanks for joining us at CHACB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely lady! Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you paper pieced the stamped lady! I love that technique! It is a great way to get a fun image without having to color! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved doing it Gloria! I keep looking at that dress thinking, hmmm I'd wear that :)

      Delete
  13. Fabulous card, love the fashionista, perfect...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are really pretty!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I love the paper piercing effect with the stamp and G45 paper. Beautiful card, miss Paula!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails