Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Let Go, Scrap Around The World

Hi friends, how are you doing on the end of this lovely hump day?  I've been enjoying the fabulous sunshine we've been having here in so Cali.  Hopefully all those in the colder areas are finally seeing spring!

Today I have a lo I did for Scrap Around The World's April challenge.  Please give their name a click and check them out!  You won't be disappointed.  Lots of inspo of all kinds. Here's the mood board -








I am loving these colors.  I really have been feeling the mints and turquoises as of late.  Oh well we change our tastes and then go back to the beginning again.  It's almost cyclic.  I can really relate to the quote.  This is a constant battle with myself.  Try as I might I can't just create.  It never flows, I always fret and worry if it looks good, am I
doing it right, should this go here, should I stamp that there.  I watch videos of gals creating and the process is such a smooth thing.  Bing bang boom and they're finished, me it's a two to three day event, moving, staring wondering.  I need to work on just letting go.

I am very happy with how this lo came and hope you like it.  I am employing more and more new techniques at every turn!  I had fun using my bubble wrap and painting it with some white tinted with Lindy's and stamping around the lo.  Getting braver every time. Take a look -









Products Used -

Hollywood and Vine striped paper
Pattern Paper
Homemade texture paste
Homemade butterfly stencil
Gesso
Folk Art Acrylic Paint, white
Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays, Time Travel Teal, Shabby Turbine Teal, Tiffany Lou Blue, Frolic in the Forest Black, Frozen Jack Frost
Stickles
Recollection Flowers
Want to Scrap Donna Salazar Build Your Own Bling
Flat Back Pearls, large
Queen and Co Flat Back Pearls, black self adhesive
Kaiser Craft Clear Stamp, flutter
Celebrate It Ribbon, black glitter
Wilton Doily, small
Clear Acrylic Stamp, vine border
Bubble Wrap
Chipboard frames cut with cricut
Butterfly printables

As you can see, I pulled the colors, and the butterflies, my faves!  I based my title off of the quote. Once again I used paper I've had for at least 4 years in my stash and wasn't going to be used, so I gesso'd it up and went Lindy's crazy with my mists.  I really like being able to use paper that I've outgrown for whatever reason :)

Hope you all like it, have a great upcoming weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks like a fun challenge! I love your take on it. So many pretty details....I really like the butterflies behind the lattice. Is that a stamp?
    The only problem with this challenge; now I've got the song from Frozen stuck in my head....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite challenges Court :) Yes that is a stamp from Kaiser Craft called flutter and the butterfly is in the lattice :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful layout for a beautiful lady. I really love these colours... just gorgeous. You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors really are wonderful, so soothing :) Love ya Val :) <3

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty !!!!! Trying new techniques makes our hobby interesting and us better at what we do !! Love this page !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it does Helen! Thank you for the compliment :)

      Delete
  4. Hi there Paula, I absolutely LOVE what you have done here. That background looks nothing short of amazing Awesome details & such a lovely pic of you too. So glad you joined in here with us at Scrap Around the World. Also Paula if you upload this on to our facebook page as well, you go into our draw for an extra prize. Cheers Di
    PS. Thanks for all the wonderful things you always say on my blog too. I do soooo appreciate it. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di :) Visiting your blog is a pleasure for me. Without a doubt you are one of my most favorite artists. I come and just try to absorb a bit of your talent <3

      Delete
  5. Such a BEAUTIFUL layout.. love that background....THANK you for joining us over @ SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Those hues are beautiful, and so are your techniques. I'm like you, too - I spend so much time wondering about the details. It means you really care how your final piece turns out ~ and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me crazy Maria that I can't just look at paper and know where everything is going to go, but then I'm like that with my home decor as well.

      Delete
  7. Aaaaw this is wonderful Paula! Thanks so much for joining in & for your encouraging comments at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen :) Your blog is one of my most favorite places and my pleasure to be a cheerleader for you and it <3

      Delete
  8. Wonderful, beautiful layout! Thank you so much for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riikka :) Love all the great inspiration I get from SATW!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails