Sunday, April 27, 2014

Precious, Once Upon A Sketch

Addendum - this piece has been hiding for the months of July and August 2014 since it was featured in Scrap n Art online mag :)

Happy Sunday friends!  How is your weekend going?  I'm back with a layout I did for Once Upon A Sketch, another of my favorite challenge sites.  Have you visited them yet?  Click on their title to check it out.  Great inspiration and awesome sketches by Nadia :)

This month's prompt is "An event that changed my life."  I love the thought provoking journaling prompts that Nadia gives.  I know some of us hate to journal, but this challenge says you have to, and it has to be at least 3 lines.  Of course a sketch is always the star.  If you play along, remember to follow the rules, they're pretty lenient, but you have to be in the ball park, especially if you put the same project in more than one challenge.  If you don't get close, you can't be chosen.  Here's the sketch -











I did a few techniques in my take, and I did step out pics so you can see each layer.  The paper is from Blue Fern's new line, simply gorgeous!  Hope you like -



























Many things change our lives forever. Marriages, deaths, a new job, the loss of a job, I chose to write about becoming a mom for the first time.  I know for most of us mothers, this changes us forever.  The birth of a child is life altering like nothing else.  My journaling is on the white tag tucked behind this precious pic of my Victoria who was maybe a week old here.  It says -

"On a winter day in January of 81 my life changed forever.  At 10:18 am my beautiful daughter Victoria was born.   People tell you how it will be, but your don't really know till you experience it yourself. Being a mother is like nothing else."

So true is this.  No one ever imagines what holding that precious gift for the first time will do to you. Your heart fills up with this immense love that comes pouring out. Victoria, my first, a wonderful treasure that God blessed me with at 16, and 33 years later, she is a beautiful mom herself.  I'm proud of my daughter and I think we have reached the point where I can say she is my friend :)


Products Used

Bazzil- Fussy
Blue Fern - Boudoir, Calling Cards
White Scalloped Border
Lattice Stencil, homemade
Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays, Cockle Bells Coral, Cotton Candy Pink, Mad Hatter Mint, Rusty Lantern Lime
Distress Ink, Walnut Stain
Studio G Ink, Green, Olive
Prima Flowers, large and small
White Foam adhesive squares
Michael's foliage
Chipboard leaves,vine Cricut and Gypsy cuts
Creative Embellishments Chipboard, Flourish Set 10
Silhouette Stickers, Precious, Clock Face
Tags, two sizes
Tissue Paper
White Lace

Thanks for stopping by!  Give Once Upon A Sketch a go, it's a lot of fun!

14 comments:

  1. Paula, what a beautiful layout and tribute to the most amazing life-changing event! I love the soft colors and techniques you used. Very lovely! Also, I'm happy you have some ideas now on how to use the caning punch - looking forward to what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria :) I'll be looking forward to see what new things you'll be doing outside of G45 :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! I am sooo glad you took note of the journaling part of the challenge....it's such an important part & you have ROCKED it....looove the step by step...that bg work is YUMMY & I adore the softness you have achieved here...thanks SO much for sharing this with us at OUAS:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks Lizzy :) OUAS is one of my faves, and I love playing.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout, Paula! Your journaling nearly made me cry.
    Thanks for including the step-by-steps! Love seeing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, this is such a beautiful layout and sweet tribute to motherhood and how it changed your life. Thanks for sharing your creative process and your hidden journaling!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the April Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula this is fabulous and I love the step by step. Beautiful colours and layers and such sweet photos of your precious baby girl. I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! How beautiful Paula! Ha, I finally found your scrapping blog! Great job in showing how your layered your page elements (and LOVE the colors!!) Beautiful work my friend! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me :D Thank you, a tip of the hat from you makes me so very happy. I admire everything you do my friend. You are a major inspiration for me <3

      Delete
  7. You are so right about that. You NEVER know how it is going to change your life and that change is forever. I am still feeling it now :) Love the background and the finished layout is just stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails