Saturday, January 18, 2014

Once Upon A Sketch

Hi everybody!  I changed my blog again.  Every so often I feel like it needs something different and my mood changes so voila :)  Do you like it?

I did a layout for OUAS' January sketch.  The prompt was, Lessons Learnt.  Ha, I'm 10 months away from the big 50, so you can bet I have learned TONS of lessons ;)  I went with a very cheery paper line and bright bold colors.  The paper is a gorgeous line from Webster's Pages, New Year New You. Check it out *HERE*.  I really like their papers and extras.  Great stuff.  On to the layout.  Here's the sketch -



















Nadia, the blog owner designs the prettiest sketches.  She is a fave for sure!  Now here's my take on it -



















Remember the rules of play here is that there must be journaling somewhere on your lo, mine is behind the pic on the little coral tag.  It says -

As a mother of 6 I have learned many lessons.  Especially since the first 3 were in my early 20's (#1 @ 16) and the last 3 in my late 30's.  You have much more wisdom when you're older that you just lack in youth.  While you're calmer and more easy going, you worry about different things when you have little ones and you're 40 that weren't a concern when you're in your 20's.

Isn't that so true though?  Things that just never entered my head as a 23 yr old that as a wiser older person with so much more life experience came into play.  Never mind knowing that if they didn't walk till they were 3 who cares, I don't have to run after them, lol, but life worries, like what's in store for them.  Such a different perspective.  Quite the experience, and I've run the gamete :)

I fussy cut some flowers from the paper and put it around part of the pic, some paper flowers sprayed with starburst spray as well.  The leaves were a combo of chipboard I cut and a green rose I took apart and colored up more, then hot glued down.  I love the chipboard trellisy thing I cut with my cricut and put behind the pic. I gesso'd it then used my silks in Pretty Peridot and Sunburst. It gives it such a pretty sheen!  Cut the title and gesso'd, inked and silks too.  Some banner words on the right side there with another of the pages. Stickles and pearls for the flower centers, and some stickles on my butterflies.  What would a lo be without some butterflies :)  The bling was originally white, but I used the silks in sunflower to make em yellow.  I love it.  The pic is me with my baby when we wemt cherry picking this past summer, who isn't so much a baby anymore, Santino will be 10 in February.  He told me I have to cherish him these last few weeks since he's the last of the single digit kids.  My baby boy is quite the character.  He has been an adventure for me.

Products -

Websters Pages New Year New You
Bazzil green
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays
Silks Acrylic Glaze
Paper flowers
Want To Scrap pearl bling

Hope you liked, thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Such a precious photo. Great colors. Thanks for joining in at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really love how you have used the flowers with this paper:):) Looks great & I soooo relate to your age thing turned 50 a couple of years back...& your is spot on! Thanks sooo much for playing with us at OUAS & if you haven't already done so, don't forget to link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for our special prize over there:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie, my little guy keeps me young so I don't feel 50 :) I'll go kicking and screaming into old age!

      Delete
  3. Ah Paula you are so right... I sometimes think it is a pity that we do not have the youth with the wisdom... we could rule the world then... I love that you have used light bright colours to celebrate your 50th Year... it is a celebration. I love that diamond thing behind the photos... please tell me you didn't cut that out by hand:D I love this layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS.... :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, my father in law says ALL the time, "youth is wasted on the young." Sometimes it's true :)

      I love fussy cutting but not that much, I used my cricut to cut that diamond pattern out :) Glad you like it. I liked using the bright colors too.

      Delete
  4. Paula, what a precious page with so much love shining!! I adore your vibrant colors and design. Yes as a mother of 6, I'm sure you have learnt many lessons along the way. Thanks for sharing some of them with us. Thanks for joining us for the January Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey :) Some lessons I feel I could have done without, but I came out a wiser person and I think a better mother for it.

      Delete
  5. Stunningly beautiful!Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty page Paula! Love the colors, it just has such a spring/summer feel to it. Love all the layers, and that is an adorable picture of you and Santino!
    I'm 4 months away from the 5-0, and still learning lessons. Don't think I'll ever get the patience one down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Lisa, patience is a toughie for me. Sometimes it takes all my self control not to squish heads ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails