Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Cards

Hi folks!  Hope this Sunday evening finds you well :) Today I'm bringing a quick post of my Thanksgiving Day cards.  Cards really aren't my forte, I don't make that many of them.  I make this holiday and Easter for my mom and two aunts.  Then throughout the year, I will usually make birthday cards for various family members, but not all the time.

These were made with a combo of scraps from Bo Buuny and DCWV's autumn lines. I cut the leaves with my cricut and an EK Success maple leaf punch,  I then smeared some distress stain and ink on my craft resist mat, sprayed water as well and then dragged the leaves through for such a gorgeous effect.  When dry and glued to the card, I then stickled with my gold.  Gotta have that bling :)  Love the silky ribbon in both sage and burnt orange.  So pretty, then some rhinestones and pearls for finishing up.

Take a look -



























I found quotes online that I liked and printed them up, then cut them with my nestabilities die, I stacked them with the larger die,  You can see on two I had the saying going horizontal with the die and the larger die cut under going vertical, and on one vice versa.  I really love how then came.  My mom got her's and she loves it too, but she's pretty biased ;) Cards really are a fantastic way to get rid of those scraps.

Working on some mini's I'm giving as gifts this year so I've been pretty busy, and Thanksgiving is at my home.  Lots of yummy food and pies, oh PIES!!!   Coconut cream, and salted caramel chocolate tart are the two new ones on the menu this year. Of course we never leave out the good ole stand by's, pumpkin, apple, pecan and salted caramel apple.  I just like to make at least one new pie each year.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you're in the states friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love these cards with their autumn colours all rich and warm. I can't create anything at the moment. I don't know where my mojo has gone but I got nothing. :P <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails