Monday, August 7, 2017

Best Summer

Hi friends! I'm here with a really fun layout for More Than Words and Lindy's Stamp Gang challenges. Give a click to check out all the fantastic inspo! The pics are so awesome from one of our beach days in Corona Del Mar. My son and granddaughter spend hours in the water and love riding the waves.

Here's More Than Words mood board -
















Lovely! I use music all the time for titles or some verbiage in my layouts.



This layout is loaded with fun mixed media. Stencil and texture paste, lots of misting and splatting. I just feel the water when I look at it. My song was Listen To Your Heart from Roxette and I pulled the line Lost in the tide. I punched circles and wrote the words then inked and popped it all on foam squares.





I cut the shells and Best Summer with my cameo, I added homemade dots and seed beads along with glass glitter.




The background has such a lovely sea feel and the pics are perfect.

Here's Lindy's color board -
















I used a brush to add the color for a bit more control over where I wanted it, then some splatting for layered color. Lindy's gives such a vibrant pretty effect. I love them!

Lindy's Used

Bachelor button blue
Tweedle dee denim
Cockle bells coral
Frozen jack frost

Take a minute to stop by Lindy's. The colors are endless and the quality is exceptional.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Paula, this is lovely. Great treatment on the chippies and cool photos to. Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work...great photos and amazing background layers and textures. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paula, thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month. What a beautiful page !! Your background work is wonderful !! I love it !! well done !! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love how you pulled that line out of a beautiful Roxette song to do a beach layout! Perfect take on our challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.Thank you for playing along at "More than words" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! Great take on our challenge this month! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails