Sunday, July 27, 2014

Beauties

Hi there!  I'm here to share a layout I did for CSI challenge #131 and it's called Beauties. Click on the title to go right to the case.  This was a fun one for me.  With summer in full swing, I figured I'd take advantage of it and showcase my daughter Sophia and granddaughter Aelyn in their bathing beauty finest.  Notice Miss Sophia's gorgeous blue hair in the pics!  This challenge included a sketch from the ever talented Emma Stafrace of Page Drafts.  Please give her blog a click to check out her awesomeness!  The gal really is bringing back the mojo one sketch at a time!  She has a gallery chock full of em.

Here is the CSI case file -


The sketch if you want a close-up view -



















Now, using five pics in a layout is a first for me, I've used two and three at the most so this was a stretch of my photo grouping and the pics I chose were perfect!  Check it out -




























Lots of beachy feel going on here!  The paper is from 7
Dots 9th Wave line.  PERFECT!  I used clear gesso so my misting and painting wouldn't cover up the paper completely.  Did a small bit of texture paste and masking in small circles. Sometimes I like keeping the integrity of the paper there and not lost under what can be overkill of medium.  I cut the edge of the paper in a wavy line to mimic well, waves :) Distressed and inked the edges.  I cut a square out of the matting paper so I'm not wasting paper that isn't seen.  I use the extra for something else.  In this case, matting for the pic. Stash stuff in the burlap and the seaweed like stems.  I got those at the expo maybe two years ago. I popped up the pic and  matting with foam dots, the painting and misting underneath was blended with a paint brush dipped in water.  A smattering of the pretty sparkly dots to mimic bubbles.

Product List

7 Dots Studio 9th Wave - Deep Water, Coral Reef
Distress Paint - Spiced Marmalade
Distress Stain - Broken China
Homemade Texture Paste
Heidi Swapp Stencil - Small circles
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - Yellow Rose Of Texas, Calm Bake Beige, Steampumk Sepia, TiffanyLou Blue
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot
Color Box Cats Eye Pigment Ink - Yellow, Orange
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers - Pastel Peach
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Creative Embellishments Stamps - Distress Grid
Border Acrylic Stamp - Wave
Mon Ami Gabi - Burlap Ribbon, Glitter Stems
Prima Say It In Crystals - Seashore
String
Glitter Frame - Oriental Trading
Glitter Number - Oriental Trading

Let's see, got the scheme with all five colors in the paper, paints and mists. Two pieces of evidence, yup, the wet medium of gesso, texture paste, mists and paints and string. Testimony, yes, I journaled on the back of the two tags peeking out of the pic there about an outdoor activity of...THE BEACH!  It says -

There was a time when I hated the beach.  Not anymore!  Now we love to pack a cooler and head down to Newport.  We can spend hours there just chilling.  Sophia can stay in the water forever! What a wonderful time.

My friends, I'd say this case is cracked!

My Sophia is growing up!  She starts high school this year and my granddaughter is right behind her going into eighth grade!  I can't take it!  How trippy is it for me, well look at this pic of my sweet baby Sodie holding newborn Aeylyn -




Time waits for no one, enjoy each day with love :)  Thanks for coming by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails