Monday, May 12, 2014

Swirlydoos Round Robin Week Two

Hi folks!  Today I have a layout I did for Swirlydoos Kit Club Round Robin Lots of Flowers challenge. We're broken into groups and each week the next person in their respective group has to lift the layout of the person before them.  This is my first rr and I had fun creating.

The person I had to lift from made a gorgeous layout.  Her name is Christy and she does just beautiful work!  Check out her blog *Creating With The Girls*  Here's her layout -


Isn't it pretty :)  This is my take on it -


























This paper is Prima's Optimist line.  WOW!!  I fell in love with the line when I saw it, bought a bunch then was a little intimidated by it.  Well, ya know what?  I'm tired of being intimidated by my papers and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!!!  I took my bubble wrap and Ayeeda paints, thinned them a bit with water and painted on the wrap. Then I stamped all around the page.  I also used my white marker, and guess what?!  I friggin doodled, yeah that's right I DOODLED!!  Next to where I ripped the page, then up in the top right corner, then little dots in various places around the page :)  It was liberating.  Circle chipboard from Creative Embellishments that I gesso'd then used my Faber Castell Gelatos to color it. Lord knows where would I be without my butterflies.  I love them, and the flowers are a combo of Recollection (little turquoise) and the artificial flowers from a hair wreath my daughter made for my father in law's Luau party.  I used my Silks Acrylics in the center of a few of them for more pop. My butterflies were misted and I misted the chippie with some Jack Frost. The little leaves in the left hand corner got hit with mist too.

So while Christy's background is Moroccanesque I went with circles. I had a blast and I'm just going to feel free to paint over, color, splatter and not worry about covering up the paper anymore!

Product List

Prima Optimist line - Focused, You and Me, Perfect
Ayeeda paint - Matte Pink and Blue
Bubble Wrap
Creative Embellishments - Circle Panel 6x6
Silks Acrylics - Sunflower, Apricot Nectar, Pretty Peridot
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - Plumeria Pink, Tiffany Lou Blue, Carpathian Bluebells, Mad Hatter Mint, Frozen Jack Frost
Faber Castell Gelatos - Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum
Printable Butterflies

So my first rr was a lot of fun.  Hope you like it :)  Have a great week,


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails