Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just Love It!

I completed an awesome paper-bag mini-album inspired by Laura Denison who I gave some blog love to a couple of weeks ago.  Most of my paper came from g 45's abc Primer collection, with some filler from a school line foofala put out that I've had for at least 4 years and a sheet of DCWV.

Laura is a wizard at paper engineering, cutting and folding to make various envelopes do amazing things, as well as creating this unreal binding methods for your mini-albums.  She does say that she prefers to use the Michael's Recollections paper-bags for them, but you can use the regular lunch brown bag its.  I will say this, you really have to work with the lunch one's cuz they are all askew, so employ your bone folder to try and correct that.  I did buy some of the Recollections so that I could have some fancier ones.  I also bought the smaller sized white handled gift bags to form the cover for the album.

I used my cricut to cut the mats and the apples I used for embellies, of course I employed stickes, did some fussy cutting and other embellishments for what made just an adorable school memory album that I'll fill with pics of my kids at various stages of their younger school years.

Here are some pics, and I'll post her video for this specific album style as well. 




















I tied ribbon around the bag handles for some prettiness, also I inked the bag a slight vintage photo brown with Tim's inks.  The cover is a combo of foofala accents and the g45 pieces.





















Here is the first binding that attaches the cover to the bags themselves.

















Tons of real estate as Laura likes to say.  Loads of pockets, you can see the alphabet paper binding becomes a pocket as well as the bag that holds the tags as well.
















Used my glossy accents for the little alpha squares.  Just look at all the flaps!

















Love the apples, I made em from some of the scraps, love them!!
















The hop scotch paper is the DCWV, where the ribbon and rick-rack is I only taped down the ends so pics will still slide under it.

















This paper is just too cute.  Love the little girl with the umbrella!
















Made my own pocket for this tag.















Look at how cute he is!! The bottle cap I picked up at my local lss, put a scrap inside it.  I will have a few more embellies and finishing touches to do once the pics are put in, but I wanted to share who cute this is.

Her video -




**********

Just a quick note, I'll be having knee surgery on the 9th :p  oh well guess it's better than it happening before the wedding, or even worse, by myself while running errands.  I said to the dr, "so on Monday I'll be like nothing happened?"  He laughed at me and said NO!!  While I have to be up and with my weight on it right away, I can't go nutty.  It'll take 6 wks for full recovery, I can start exercising in a few, but he said we'll talk about the running.  We shall see....

3 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL, what a great project and it turned out beautiful, you are so talented
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Paula! Hope your knee surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini looks wonderful!! I love it! I can only imagine what it looks like in person!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails